Easy Dinner Rolls

A while back I posted about the versatility of a single bread dough. In the entire post I was going on about how a single bread recipe is easily modified to fit almost any application. I think I gave about 8 different ways the "master recipe" could be used.

Anyway, one of those applications was for dinner rolls. It had been a while since I wrote the recipe for those, and I have been wanting to make it again. Well, Sunday I got the perfect opportunity. My sister-in-law had done a roast in the Crock-Pot, and mentioned about 2 hours before dinner that she wished that she had asked me to make bread, because bread pairs well with roast. Enter the dinner rolls. I knew they wouldn't have tons of time to rise, but they would have enough.

I whipped together a double batch of dough and froze half.

In retrospect I wish that I had just baked the whole double batch, they were that good. They would have been better if I had let them rise longer in the first rise, but they were gobbled up notwithstanding.

No comments :

Post a Comment